What We Do
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:16-17)
Emu Music exists to encourage and equip the church in biblical, beautiful and transformative singing
WE DO THIS BY
- Writing new congregational songs which are biblically rich, theologically true, aesthetically beautiful
- Training church leaders, musicians and congregations in how to establish and maintain a biblical music ministry
- Encouraging churches to grow a servant-hearted culture of musical excellence
- Leading the church in singing the word (within the local church and larger events)
- Creating and publishing resources that support these aims
- Biblical: rooted in the unchanging truths of Scripture
- Holistic: allowing God's word to engage and transform the whole person in body, heart, mind and imagination
- Contextual: serving local, pastoral, cultural, musical and missional needs
- Excellent: using and developing the musical gifts God has given us
We understand Christian singing to be primarily a ministry of the Word of Christ (Col 3:16) and the Holy Spirit (Eph 5:18-22) which fuels the church’s edification, thanksgiving, prayer and praise.
We believe the Bible to be the one story of God’s salvation plan for the world in Christ Jesus, and read it in whole and in part with this context in mind. As such, the songs that we write and the training we provide will reflect this biblical-theological approach.