Emu Music is a not-for-profit charitable organisation in the United Kingdom [Registered Charity No: 1124923] and in Australia [ABN: 25287613279]. This information is provided to help you understand how we, as a ministry, administer the use financial contributions from donations and from our Financial Partner scheme.
How your money will be used
- Any unassigned donations will be diverted to the area/s of greatest need.
- Any money pledged and donated through our Partner scheme will go towards our staff costs. (See below for further details).
- The payment processors we currently work with are:
Why we are looking for donations and Financial Partners
- We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation that relies on the support of donors and the sale of resources we produce.
- We aim to provide resources (eg. songs) and services (eg. conferences) at a price that churches and individuals can affordably access, rather than at their true cost value.
- As a music focused ministry, we are impacted by trends and changes in global music consumption, which has recently seen a trend toward digital streaming. While we value and benefit from the convenience of digital music delivery, it none the less provides lower revenue than in the past. In order to offer high quality church music training and to produce music and music ministry resources to a commercial standard, we are asking for support to subsidise our ministry staff costs.
Partnering with a staff member
- Our staff (excluding interns) are on fixed salaries, which requires regular and stable giving from our partners.
- Staff salaries are matched to similar ministry salaries in their region.
- To cover a staff member's salary, we would need, for example,
- 15 partners on the Emu tier
- + 30 partners on the Lyre Bird tier
- + 100 partners on the Hummingbird tier
- In the case of us receiving surplus income for a staff member's salary, up to 20% of that giving would be diverted into the area/s of greatest need.